Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thing #22 - Staying Current

I've really learned a lot more than I thought I would through this blog.  Granted, some of the things (Facebook, Youtube) I already knew and used daily, and others... let's face it, there are some things that just didn't grab my attention.  Maybe I'll find them more interesting and useful in the future, but for the time being, I'm not likely to switch from trawling news sites to trawling RSS feeds, and Flickr just isn't my thing.  The third category, though - things I'd never known about, and now find incredibly useful - takes up the majority of the list, so I would consider that a success.  Picasa, especially, has become one of my favorite programs (I know it has nothing to do with libraries, but still!), but I've found lots of other interesting sites and features as well.  

I'm not sure that I'll really go on using this blog very much once I've finished this class - I'm still not really interested in blogging, and I don't feel like I would ever really post any updates or anything - but this, and the 23 Things list, are definitely good resources to refer back to.  And, who knows, maybe in the future I'll have a great idea and start a blog, or will find a new-and-improved 23 Things list to work through.  Though, I suppose I'm not technically done with this one yet... I still have to do Things 15 and 23... I guess they're up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment